What is specialty pharmacy?
Specialty pharmacies fill prescriptions for complex, expensive medications. Services include comprehensive, medication-specific programs that are designed to help patients and prescribers navigate the complexities of insurance approvals, financial assistance and clinical support.
How do I contact you?
We are available via phone at 877-466-8028 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once established with us, you will be provided with your care coordinator's direct telephone number.
What are your hours?
Our care coordination center is open Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM MST. If you would like to speak with a pharmacists after-hours, please call 877-466-8028.
Do I fill prescriptions in person just like I do at a regular pharmacy?
Albertsons Companies Specialty Care uses our pharmacies across the nation to provide convenient options for you. You can drop off a prescription at your local Albertsons Companies pharmacy, and one of our care coordinators will reach out to you with additional information. Unlike traditional mail-order only specialty pharmacies, you can choose to pick up your prescription from the pharmacy team you have already come to know and trust. We can also arrange to deliver the medicine to a location that is convenient for you, like your home or healthcare provider's office.
How do I order a new prescription?
There are two ways to order a new prescription:
- Your prescriber can call, fax or electronically prescribe a new prescription to us at:
12874 E. Florence Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- Take your prescription to a local Albertsons Companies pharmacy for processing. The pharmacy team will coordinate the rest with our specialty pharmacy.
How do I refill my prescription?
Our care coordinators assist in refill reminders. You can also call us at 877-466-8028. Please let us know about any changes in your insurance coverage to prevent any delays.
Are there any financial payment plans?
Our care coordinators will investigate your insurance benefits and inform you if you qualify for any financial help. We will connect you to resources such as manufacturer programs or foundations that may apply to your medication or condition.
Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept payments made by credit card, debit card, prepaid credit and debit cards, and checks.
Where will you send my medicine?
We will work with you to deliver your medicine at a location that works for you, whether that is your home, your healthcare provider's office or your local pharmacy. Deliveries are free of charge to all 50 states.
How do I provide feedback on the services I receive?
We value your feed back and continually strive to improve. You can let us know how we are doing by calling us at 877-466-8028. Comments are documented and investigated, and a resolution is communicated to you within 14 calendar days. Complaints may also be reported to our Specialty Pharmacy accrediting body, ACHC, by calling 855-937-2242.
Are services available in languages other than English?
Yes, translator services are available. Simply let us know at 877-466-8028.
What are my Rights & Responsibilities as a patient?
As a patient of Albertsons Companies Specialty Care services, you have the right to:
- Be provided advanced notification about care and/or services to be provided, including information about the philosophy and characteristics of any patient management programs and any modifications to your care plan.
- Be provided advanced notification, in both oral and written form, of the charges for any services including expected payment from third parties and any charges for which the patient will be responsible.
- Be provided information regarding the scope of services provided, including the patient management program, and any limitations on those services.
- Speak to a pharmacist/s at any time regarding care.
- Receive administrative information regarding changes in or termination of the patient management program you are participating in.
- Decline participation, revoke consent or dis-enroll in any patient management program at any point in time.
- Identify the Care Coordinator and clinical Pharmacist responsible for your patient management program and to speak with the Director of Specialty Care if requested.
- Actively participate in the development and periodic revision of your care plan.
- Refuse care or treatment upon being informed of the consequences of refusing care or treatment.
- Have one's property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of patient dignity and individuality.
- Voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care, lack of respect of property, or recommend changes in policy, personnel, or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
- Have grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished, or lack of respect of property investigated.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of patient property.
- Have confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the patient record of Protected Health Information(PHI) in accordance with state and federal law.
- Be advised on our poolces and procedures regarding the disclosure of policies, clinical records.
- Receive appropriate care in accordance with prescriber orders that is free of any discrimination regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- Be informed of any financial benefits to us when referred to another organization.
As a patient of Albertsons Companies Specialty Care services, you have the responsibility to:
- Submit any forms that are necessary to participate in the patient management program, to the extent required by law.
- Give accurate clinical and contact information and to notify the patient management program of changes in this information.
- Notify your treating provider of your participation in the patient management program, if applicable.
- Notify Albertsons Companies Specialty Care of any concerns about the services provided, including reporting of adverse events or side effects you have experienced because of the medication managed through Albertsons Companies Specialty Care.