Pineapple Jicama Salsa
Few dishes are quite as versatile as salsa. Endless variations and uses make it one of our favorite things. We’re wild about this fresh, bright version that combines pineapple, jicama, jalapeño and onions. Serve it as a dip or use it to top nachos, quesadillas, grilled chicken, fish or pork tenderloin. It even works as a salad topper!
Total cook time
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (available in the produce section)
- 1 cup finely diced jicama (canned water chestnuts can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Place pineapple chunks in a 4-cup measure or similar and use a food chopper to chop pineapple into tidbits.
Stir in jicama, cilantro, red onions, lime juice, jalapeno and salt. Add more jalapeno and salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.