Better Homes & Gardens
Thai Chicken Pizza with Whole-Wheat Crust
Mix up your pizza routine with this peanut-butter-sauced Thai twist.
Total cook time
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter,
- ¼ cup warm water,
- 2 teaspoons sugar,
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar,
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper,
- 2 teaspoons canola oil,
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces,
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions (4),
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 16-ounce loaf frozen whole-wheat bread dough, thawed,
- 1 cup thin red bell pepper strips,
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces),
- ½ cup snipped fresh cilantro,
Preheat oven to 475°F. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, warm water, sugar, vinegar and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until chicken is coated. Remove from heat.
Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan, large baking sheet or pizza screen with cooking spray; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into an 11- to 13-inch circle. Transfer to the prepared pizza pan. Spread dough with the remaining peanut butter mixture, adding water if needed to make it of spreading consistency. Top with chicken mixture, bell pepper strips and cheese.
Bake for 11 to 14 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with cilantro.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.