Crust-less Mini Christmas Quiches
Bake these for a no-stress brunch option. Our quick, easy Crustless Mini Quiches are perfect for holiday spreads but easy enough to enjoy all year long. Make them ahead of time and store them in a sealed container in the fridge until time to serve. Then warm them up in the oven or microwave and enjoy!
Total cook time
- 1/3 cup multigrain cracker crumbs--about 4 O Organics® multigrain flatbread crackers
- O Organics® cooking spray
- 1/2 cup O Organics® frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed of excess water, packed)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbs finely-chopped green onions (white and part of green)
- ground nutmeg as desired
- freshly-ground pepper (as desired)
- 1/2 cup Lucerne® whole milk or low fat milk
- 2 O Organics® large brown eggs
Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 9 non-stick muffin cups (regular size) with cooking spray. Add cracker pieces in a mini food processor and pulse until crumbs form. Place 1 teaspoon of the crumbs evenly in the bottom of each muffin cup.
In a small bowl, combine thawed frozen spinach with red bell pepper. In another small bowl, combine shredded Gruyere with the green onions.
Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of the spinach mixture into each muffin cup. Then top that with a tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining spinach mixture on top of the cheese. Sprinkle ground nutmeg and freshly ground pepper over the top of each as desired.
In a small mixing bowl, beat milk and eggs together until well blended. Spoon 2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) of the mixture into each prepared muffin cup.
Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and remove quiches from muffin cups with a fork or spoon and serve warm or at room temperature.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.