Taco Skillet Bake
An easy dinner that all comes together in one skillet! Tons of flavor and nutrition come together thanks to O Organics®.
Total cook time
- 1 (8 ounce) package O Organics® Red Lentil Penne Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon O Organics® olive oil
- 2 O Organics® Yellow Onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package O Organics® Baby Bella Crimini whole mushrooms, chopped
- 2 pounds O Organics® grass-fed ground beef
- 1 package O Organics® Taco Seasoning
- 1 can O Organics® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package O Organics® Cream Cheese
- 3 ounces O Organics® Organic Yellow Corn Chips
- 2 cups O Organics® Shredded Mexican Cheese
- O Organics® cherry tomatoes, sliced
- O Organics® cilantro, chopped
In a large cast-iron skillet, heated to medium high, add olive oil and swirl around the pan. Add onions and mushrooms, sautéing until onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add ground beef, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Sauté beef until browned. Add taco seasoning and stir. Pour in enchilada sauce along with chunks of the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted. Stir in cooked pasta.
Top with crushed corn chips and shredded cheese. Place in the oven on low broil just until cheese is melted and becoming bubbly.
Remove and let cool slightly. Top with sliced tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Serve!
Step 5 :: Helpful Hints
Taco Skillet Bake is perfect for freezing because of how much it makes! To freeze leftovers, simply let it cool completely, then place leftovers in a freezer safe container. Use frozen leftovers within 3 months.
Step 6 :: Helpful Hints
If serving less people, half the recipe to make a smaller amount.
Step 7 :: Helpful Hints
Use whatever toppings desired, such as shredded lettuce, avocado, sour cream, or guacamole.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.