We’re Celebrating more Grand Re-Openings this Fall!

Amber Graefen

Oct 15th, 2018

This Fall, we have numerous Jewel-Osco stores celebrating their grand re-opening! Locations in Woodridge, New Lenox, Burbank, McHenry & South Elgin have undergone extensive remodeling to better suit your needs.

Your new Woodridge Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• Added sushi
  • Added new salad bar
  • Gourmet bakery  case
  • New service meat/fish cases
  • New floral department

Your new South Elgin Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• New interior décor, wayfinding and aisle markers
  • Reset grocery and drug product
  • Relocate & expand liquor department

The Grand Re-Opening schedule is as follows:

• October 26th, 8 am.: 475 N Nelson New Lenox IL
  • November 2nd, 8 am: 7910 Cicero Avenue Burbank IL
  • November 7th, 8am: 2317 W 75th Street Woodridge IL
  • November 8th, 8 am: 375 Randall Rd South Elgin IL
  • November 9th, 8 am: 4222 Elm Street McHenry IL

Jewel-Osco will recognize several charities at the Grand Re-Openings and present each with a donation. We hope you join us at your refreshed local store!

22 Responses to We’re Celebrating more Grand Re-Openings this Fall!

1. nancy hirtz 16/10/2018 at 3:28 pm

I will be there. I hope your prices are reasonable. Aldi is an up coming competitor.

2. Marcus McRoyerson 17/10/2018 at 7:09 am

When will the antique known as Streamwood on Irving Park Road be done? That store is a very tired looking store. Look up at the falling apart ceiling tiles/light figures, the nasty looking deli fixtures, and the old everything. When I see appliances in such tired condition, I know it can’t be that good… I always avoid the deli and bakery because everything looks so old and dirty.

• Customer Support 17/10/2018 at 10:28 am

Hi Marcus! We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience caused. We’ll gladly share your feedback for further review and consideration. Thank you for shopping with us! -Chris

3. Joyce Talbot 17/10/2018 at 11:54 pm

Well the Wauconda store has gone through a giant makeover. But this store is dirtier then anything. I will not buy anything from their deli, meat dept, or soup-salad bar. I only get my prescriptions there from now on. Can’t wait for WOODMANS to open their new store.

• Customer Support 18/10/2018 at 10:10 am

Joyce, please accept our apologies for the condition of your local store. We will bring your concerns to the attention of the Store Director for corrective action. Thank you. -Jayme

4. Anne 25/10/2018 at 12:05 pm

Are you having any special pricing for customers at S.Elgin store, prizes, samples and/or give aways grand opening day or that week? Willing to travel to the store if there is anything special for customers.

• Customer Support 25/10/2018 at 10:55 pm

Hi Anne. Thanks for reaching out to us with your inquiry. This is all a part of the excitement! Feel free to stop by on November 8th for our Grand Re-Opening to see what we have to offer. -Jeremy

5. A concerned customer 06/11/2018 at 2:16 pm

Please consider fixing up the Waukegan location. I remember going with my grandma as a kid and now as a mom I visit with my kids. It desperately needs to be updated. It feels forgotten, especially when visiting other local Jewel stores and seeing how great and cared for they look. The Waukegan location gets leaks from the ceilings. I think an update would make for better morale for the employees and a much more pleasant shopping experience for us long time customers. I’d say it’s long overdue.

• Customer Support 06/11/2018 at 5:11 pm

We really appreciate the feedback. Can you please let us know if you’re referring to the location on 3124 N. Lewis Ave. or 922 N. Green Bay Road? We’d like to ensure your concerns are shared with the appropriate personnel. Thank you! -Cornelius

6. Al 06/11/2018 at 6:51 pm

Who cares. Your prices are way too high.

7. A Concerned Customer 06/11/2018 at 7:42 pm

Thank you, Cornelius. This is in reference to the Greenbay Rd. location.

8. Debbie 06/11/2018 at 7:44 pm

Please update the Elgin location on Summit street. It’s very outdated, produce selection, and bakery look filthy. I am a loyal Jewel customer, unfortunately I drive an extra 8 miles to go to your location in Bartlet. Elgin is by far the filthiest store I’ve ever been in. So if the store appears to be filthy, I can’t imagine what the Butcher, seafood, deli, and so on is like. I only run in if there’s something in the freezer section I need. I live 1.5 miles from the Summit street location, it’s too bad,

• Customer Support 06/11/2018 at 9:47 pm

This is really disappointing to hear, Debbie. Please know that we have shared your comments with our Management Team so they can look into these issues and review your request for an update. Thanks for letting us know, and our apologies for your experience. -Cornelius

9. Linda 06/11/2018 at 11:59 pm

Wow! I’m surprised at all the negative comments. I shop at the DeKalb Jewel – have for over 40 years and am in there probably 2-3 times per week. Although I always think anything can be improved, I have no complaints about “my” Jewel. I think it looks clean and have no concerns about buying fresh produce, meat, deli, bakery, etc. Right now, it is going through a store reorganization and I will have to learn where everything is all over again, but I can and will do it and continue to happily shop my local Jewel. Plus, customer service there is superb!

• Customer Support 07/11/2018 at 1:12 pm

Hi Linda! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoy shopping with us! We will pass on your kind words to the Store Director to be shared with our staff. Thank you!! -Jayme

10. Fleur Steinke 07/11/2018 at 12:10 pm

I love jewel but your produce department is horrible and it drive me to go to Aldi for my vegetables and fruit.
    You need to go to Aldi’s and find out where they get their produce. It fresher and more reasonably price.

• Customer Support 07/11/2018 at 1:34 pm

Hi Fleur. We’re very sorry to hear of your disappointment with our produce department. Please let us know to which store location you are referring so we can ensure your comments are properly addressed. Thank you! -Jayme

11. Diane 09/11/2018 at 4:27 pm

I agree – prices are actually decent where I am at and my store is across the street from a Meijer. You can’t compare Jewel to Aldi… and the last time I went to Aldi and tried things I was disappointed. I love my Jewel and I can see all the fun things you are doing to keep us coming back!!! And it’s funny I disagree every time I get produce from Aldi it goes bad fast! Cheaper for me isn’t always better. Keep growing and getting better Jewel… you will always be my home store!

• Customer Support 09/11/2018 at 9:59 pm

Hi Diane! We’ve shared your feedback with our Team. Thanks for reaching out! -Cynthia

12. Karen Kusek 26/11/2018 at 9:13 am

Any chance the Libertyville store on Milwaukee Ave. will get updated? The more I shop there the more I miss the updated Jewel store on Ashland Ave. in Lakeview in the city where I used to live.

• Customer Support 26/11/2018 at 4:58 pm

Thanks for asking Karen! We’ll pass along your feedback to our Operations Team for further review and consideration. Have a wonderful day! -Cynthia