We’re Celebrating 6 Grand Re-Openings in August!

Amber Graefen

Aug 1st, 2017

RGO-Email-800x370

This month, we are celebrating our grand re-opening in SIX locations!  These locations have had extensive remodeling to better suit your needs.

Your new Joliet Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• New interior décor, wayfinding and aisle markers
  • Fresh aisle lighting and plank flooring
  • Expanded produce
  • Expanded deli
  • Expanded meat including shrimp fryer
  • Added deli hot wings/soup
  • Gourmet bakery case
  • Liquor expansion

Your new North Riverside Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• New interior décor, wayfinding and aisle markers
  • Fresh aisle lighting and plank flooring
  • Relocated customer service and flip express lanes
  • Added deli hot wings/soup bar and 3 deck deli case
  • Gourmet bakery  and case
  • New shrimp fryer

Your new Chicago (Irving Park Rd.) Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• Refresh exterior elevation
  • New interior décor, wayfinding and aisle markers
  • Fresh aisle lighting and plank flooring
  • Expanded produce including juicing equipment
  • Expanded deli with new sushi, 4 deck deli island case and new 5 deck deli case
  • Expanded meatincluding shrimp fryer
  • Added deli hot wings/soup and salad bar
  • Gourmet bakery case
  • Liquor expansion including library wine shelving
  • New customer restroom complex including family restroom

Your new South Chicago Heights Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• New interior décor, wayfinding and aisle markers
  • Reset grocery and drug product
  • Expand dairy/frozen
  • Expanded fresh aisle
  • Expanded produce
  • Added deli hot wings/soup/salad bar
  • Add 3 deck meat island case, including new shrimp fryer
  • Expanded liquor
  • Gourmet bakery case, new island whip cream case
  • Relocated floral department

• Reset grocery and drug product
  • Expanded fresh aisle
  • Expanded produce
  • Added deli hot wings/soup/salad bar
  • Added new sushi
  • Add 3 deck meat island case
  • Expanded liquor including library wine fixtures
  • Gourmet bakery case
  • Relocated floral department
  • New relocated customer service counter
  • New Starbucks kiosk

Jewel-Osco is so excited for you to see the improvements made to these stores. We hope you join us at one of your local stores this month!

Joliet RGO Date: 8/16 at 8 am: 1537 N. Larkin Ave. Joliet, IL

North Riverside RGO Date: 8/18 at 8 am: 7201 W. 24th St. North Riverside, IL 60546

Chicago RGO Date: 8/18 at 10 am: 4600 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60641

South Chicago Heights RGO Date: 8/23 at 9 am: 3220 Chicago Rd,  South Chicago Heights, IL 60411

Melrose Park RGO Date: 8/24 at 8 am: 800 West North Ave., Melrose Park, IL 60160

South Chicago Heights RGO Date: 8/30 at 8 am: 966 Route 59. Antioch, IL 60002

16 Responses to We’re Celebrating 6 Grand Re-Openings in August!

1. Mark Johnson 02/08/2017 at 10:10 pm

I knew this would eventually happen to the Irving Park road location since I saw it happened to the other Jewels. But what in the world was Jewel thinking with the lighting? The store came across as much more upscale and inviting with the original lighting. All the goods in produce , bakery, meat department, liquor department were showcased so much better with the old lights. It boggles my mind that Jewel would spend so much money to make their store look cheaper and less inviting. The new lighting is far too bright and its color temperature and rendering is horrific and makes the fresh food look foods look bland. I used enjoy spending time in the store, now I want to get out as fast as possible. The new plank flooring is nice and so is the more refrigerated cases. But otherwise I not sure what your designers were thinking. They obvious have no clue about light theory. Yes the store needed a very much needed refresh, but now the store looks no better than a Walmart or a Prison for that matter. No thank you, I will be shopping at Mariano’s for now on.

• Customer Support 03/08/2017 at 2:28 pm

Mark, we appreciate your feedback on the remodel of your local Jewel store. We are very sorry that you feel the lighting is not a satisfactory upgrade. We have forwarded your comments to our Operations Department and designers for their review of the lighting. Have a great day. -Dolores

2. Isla 03/08/2017 at 6:49 pm

There was hardly any good changes with the Melrose store. There was only an add in for a hot bar (which is all chicken btw) and soup. No salad bar. The Melrose store needs to carry more and better products by Nature’s Path such as the Mesa Sunrise cereal and some others such as Fruit Juice Sweetened Corn Flakes.

The natural and organic section of the store is severely small and is only filled with basically rice and quinoa.

The gluten free area in the store is terrible. The same old stuff (products) for over a year and nothing appealing. It’s time to change that area up in the store. Get different products.

I am tired of nothing good happening with the Melrose store.

• Customer Support 06/08/2017 at 3:29 pm

Hello, Isla. We certainly appreciate your feedback on the recent changes at your local store and regret to hear of your dissatisfaction. Would you please let us know what products you’d like to see carried in the store? We’d like to help improve your experience. Thanks for reaching out! -Julio

3. Isla 09/08/2017 at 9:35 pm

Sorry for the delayed response.

The things I would like to see at my local Jewel Osco (Melrose Park) will be listed below

Daily Greens Carrot Kick

Daily Greens Green Lemonade

Daily Greens Morning Greens

Oasis Mediterranean Cuisine Black Bean Dip

Oasis Mediterranean Cuisine Vegetable Hommus

Boxed Water Is Better 500 mL

One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps

• Customer Support 10/08/2017 at 2:44 pm

Not to worry, Isla. Thanks for getting back to us. Our Merchandising Teams have been made aware of the product you’d like to see stocked. Keep an eye out! Enjoy the rest of your day! -Julio

4. Jim 14/08/2017 at 6:09 pm

Will Jojo be at all of these re-openings?!

• Customer Support 15/08/2017 at 4:41 pm

Hey, Jim. JoJo will be at all of these openings. Which of our Grand Re-Openings will you be at? -Julio

5. Tosha 15/08/2017 at 2:33 pm

Someone really need to go to the Brickyard Jewels ON and re-do…that is the NASTY bathroom I have ever ever ever been in….no matter how much you complain to manger or mangerment nothing never get DONE!!! It’s not clean for your pet to use or go in!! PLEASE PLEASE SEND A TOP JEWEL REP TO INSPECT ASAP!! I guess the next thing to do is to contact the city and make a complaint!!

• Customer Support 17/08/2017 at 4:01 pm

Tosha, thank you for getting in touch with us. We take these concerns seriously and apologize for the lack of cleanliness you’ve come across. We do hold ourselves to higher standards and have notified the Store Director so they can look into this immediately. Your feedback is appreciated. -Julio

6. Kathleen Fisher 31/08/2017 at 10:25 pm

Please re-do my Jewel at 75th and Janes in Woodridge.

• Customer Support 01/09/2017 at 5:11 pm

Hi Kathleen! We have notified our Retail Operations Department that you would like to see your local store remodeled. Thanks for sharing this feedback! -Jayme

7. Bianca 12/09/2017 at 10:32 pm

Lets start seeing changes at the Jewel Osco in Franklin Park!

• Customer Support 13/09/2017 at 1:26 pm

Hi Bianca! We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. We have shared your request to have your local store remodeled with our Retail Operations Department for further consideration. Thank you! -Jayme

8. Lexi 11/10/2017 at 2:00 pm

I don’t really want my response to be saved on here (but unfortunately looks like it is going to be). Had to post it on here now because contacting them on the contact form never works as you never, ever get a reply back.

I am contacting Jewel Osco about my local Jewel Osco in Melrose Park, Illinois.

It has been almost two months and some of the products that I have been looking to have restocked are not restocked. I haven’t been able to fully complete my shopping because of this. The products I have been looking for to be restocked are listed below,

Purina Beyond Duck & Sweet Potato Wet Cat Food
    I and Love and You Chicken + Duck Dry Cat Food

I truly need someone to let the store in Melrose Park aware that these two products NEED to be restocked.

My other issue is the Purina Beyond line of wet cat food on the shelf always appears very sloppy and it would be nice if someone could fix it up and make sure it stays organized.

Something else that has been upsetting about the Melrose Park store is they brought in I and Love and You wet cat food flavors (such as Chicken Me Out recipe and Purrky Turkey recipe) and Castor and Pollux Organix (Chicken and Chicken Liver recipe for cats and Chicken recipe for cats in 5.5 oz cans). The Melrose Park store hasn’t even had these cans for three months and they are disappeared from the store. They only had it for about 1-2 months and that was it. I was getting both brands of them in store and am very upset I no longer see them on shelves. It would be nice if they could eventually return.

So lately I have not been at all happy with the Melrose Park store, they haven’t restocked any of the products I buy and that has been 1-3 month wait now, the Purina Beyond wet food cans are always sloppy looking on the shelf, and the fact they haven’t even sold the I and Love and You cat food cans for three months and they were already gone from the store (of course they still have them for dogs- and I do not own dogs).

The store needs changes and I would like a reply back to my message (not automated) and for someone to actually contact the Melrose Park store about these issues.

• Customer Support 11/10/2017 at 4:02 pm

Lexi, we are sorry to hear that your local store has been out of stock of these items for so long. We have shared your comments and concerns with the Store Director for stocking purposes. We have also provided your email address to the Store Director so they can follow-up with you. Thank you! -Jayme