JoJo’s Club

Amber Graefen

Jun 17th, 2017

JOJO-Blog-Header

Meet Your Red & Fuzzy Friend!

It’s time to say “hello” to your new friend, JOJO! JOJO is bright red, really fuzzy and extra helpful.  One of JOJO’s favorite things is to help kids go grocery shopping for fresh fruits, tasty vegetables and other healthy items.

JOJO also knows that sweet treats from the Jewel Bakery are a hard thing to pass up! That’s why JOJO wants to help kids stay active so they can enjoy those delicious chocolate chip cookies every now and then.

JOJO has just started a special kids club, too! This will help our customers-in-training, eat right, exercise often and enjoy grocery shopping at Jewel-Osco.  Come join JOJO for a whole cartful of fun adventures right inside Jewel-Osco’s aisles!  #JoJosClub

38 Responses to JoJo’s Club

1. Michelle 21/06/2017 at 9:44 pm

This mascot is terrifying looking.
    Good luck with the kids club.
    He doesn’t encourage my shopping at Jewel that’s for sure.

• Customer Support 22/06/2017 at 11:33 am

Michelle, we appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. We will pass it on to our Marketing Department for further review and consideration. Thank you! -Jayme

2. ED 23/06/2017 at 11:01 am

I agree with Michelle. JoJo looks like something out of Monsters, Inc. Eat right, exercise… and have a cookie?

3. Mike 23/06/2017 at 12:30 pm

I disagree with Ed and Michelle. JOJO isn’t scary at all compared to some of the customers walking the aisles.

4. Theresa Pacek 23/06/2017 at 4:51 pm

Looks like JOJO could use some fruit and veges. He’s huge! Haha. And scary.

5. Debbie Zemke 23/06/2017 at 11:55 pm

Stop with the gimmicks and lower your prices.

• Customer Support 25/06/2017 at 5:55 pm

Debbie, we appreciate your feedback and will pass this along for further review on the competitiveness of our pricing. Have a lovely day! -Julio

6. Barbara 24/06/2017 at 3:03 am

Sorry, I also think he is scary looking! LOL

7. Harriet 24/06/2017 at 10:58 am

Can’t wait for my grandson to meet JoJo. He’s 3 and see what he has to say.

8. Sara 24/06/2017 at 11:12 pm

I think JoJo is cute, and I love the idea to help kids eat healthy but also k ow its ok to have a cookie once in a while. Good luck can’t wait to bring my niece in to see JoJo.

9. Joe L. Suttie 25/06/2017 at 4:05 am

lol~!
    The Kids Will Love JOJO
    Just Take A Look At Sesame Street….

10. Michael Kovco 25/06/2017 at 3:45 pm

Yeah, Sesame Street vibes for sure. Kids will be all over this, pretty sure.

11. Kerry 26/06/2017 at 12:17 pm

I agree with Mike. Some of the customers are way more scary looking then JOJO. At least JOJO will be friendlier and have better manners then some of the customers you see in the aisles. Good Luck JOJO!

12. Rick 26/06/2017 at 5:48 pm

will JoJo eat Walmartians?

13. Rob Hale 27/06/2017 at 1:35 am

JOJO isn’t scary in the least. I wish she/he/it/they a tenure with your fine stores.

14. Joanie 27/06/2017 at 8:39 am

Jojo seems like the horrible Cyclops in the Odyssey – an elementally scary figure!

15. John C. 27/06/2017 at 11:43 am

Reminds me of the Monster in the old Bug’s Bunny cartoons.

16. Gwen 27/06/2017 at 12:08 pm

That’s a good idea for JOJO to help future shoppers. I feel his/her message to the kids eat more veggies and fruits will resonate with them than the parents telling them. He/she is not as scary as the characters for Monsters Inc. or Despicable Me.

17. Julie 27/06/2017 at 1:24 pm

I think Jojo is cute… reminds me of Monsters Inc.

18. Dawn 27/06/2017 at 2:00 pm

I think JOJO is a wonderful way to get kids engaged. Some cartoons out there are much more horrifying than this adorable creature.

If JOJO is in store handing out samples it would be awesome!

Looks like there’s a bunch of negative nancys on this page this week. Lighten up people.

19. Dawn 27/06/2017 at 2:03 pm

There should be bags with JOJOs picture on it.

20. Kathi 27/06/2017 at 2:54 pm

Hi,

Inspiring healthy families and children is a great idea, I think that maybe friendly apples or veggie mascots would be way more adorable and less creepy than a one eyed monster.
    I’m not sure why your marketing team thinks that a monster is the best choice but
    I think the kids member card is a great idea.
    Congrats on your new store openings!

21. michelle waters 27/06/2017 at 3:39 pm

jo jo is perfect for the children i like him

22. Allan 27/06/2017 at 6:26 pm

Perhaps spending the money on building grocery stores in food deserts of under served neighborhoods would be better idea. Or maybe not put the high fat/sugar/salt foods at eye level of the little tykes – that would of course mean giving up lucrative pay for placement money from the brands. Creating this absurd thing seems like the pet project of some self absorbed marketing exec.

23. Joe from Villa Park 28/06/2017 at 12:35 pm

I like the name JO JO that’s what my nephew Logan calls me.

24. patricia colby gulbranson 28/06/2017 at 1:47 pm

hideous and frightening shaggy red cyclops ! now i have something to fear more than clowns – that i might run into this creep while its making its round and visiting local stores . who could think this is charming and would be perfect for selling groceries ? selling tickets to frightfest maybe a better job for it . and why does a grocery store need a mascot ? degrades the chain .

25. A Huston 28/06/2017 at 9:15 pm

How could you not be supportive of a red furry monster? WHERE CAN I MEET JOJO!?!? Please post scheduled appearances. Much appreciated.

26. Carrie Quinn 29/06/2017 at 10:09 am

I think he is cute and I think it’s good jewel is trying to do something for the kids. So sick of everyone jumping to negativity so quick. Thank you jewel for trying caring about the health of our children.

27. Nancy Houlding 30/06/2017 at 11:46 am

Creepy!
    And I would shop at Jewel more often if they would stop the policy on sale items of $.99 if you buy 10. I don’t need 10! Get it together Jewel.

• Customer Support 30/06/2017 at 3:54 pm

Nancy, we appreciate the time you have taken to share this feedback with us. We will inform our Pricing Department of your concerns for further review and consideration. Thank you. -Jayme

28. E Davis 01/07/2017 at 5:00 am

This actually isn’t a bad promotional idea to have a mascot visit random Jewel locations on weekends that along with super sales for that day particularly on the healthy stuff (JoJo’s special sales) Only thing I would consider is reworking JoJo’s image to something more familiar and cuddly I used to work with children they love cuddly mascots. I’m looking for sponsor’s for my podcast I would love to have you guys on board if you want additional help in getting the word out about #JoJo’sclub

29. Dennis 07/07/2017 at 5:33 pm

I like the JoJo Club idea. It’s nice that you guys are appealing to kids and a healthy cause. This is a great way to retain customers as well as do some employer branding to be a place where people are proud to work. Hope you guys continue the great work and genuine initiatives.

30. Petunia Jones 07/07/2017 at 8:09 pm

If I saw this wild critter I’d use my child as a human shield to vanquish it back whence it came. It looks like something I’d find in an Amish dungeon. How many kids go shopping at jewel anyway?

31. Sarah 08/07/2017 at 1:10 pm

Can you please confirm if JOJO is gender fluid/ non binary?

32. JC 18/07/2017 at 9:35 am

I think JoJo is the cutest thing ever and I just want to give him the biggest hug! Many parents go shopping with their kids….and I think the kids will love him! Some of you need to stop with the ridiculous comments.

33. Yadviga 18/07/2017 at 5:06 pm

I agree with Dawn to have JoJo’s picture on th bags – then forgo the .07 cent fiasco.

34. Rachel 20/07/2017 at 5:39 pm

JoJo is freaking adorable. Super cute! Can’t wait to meet JoJo at my next shopping trip!

35. Jessie 21/07/2017 at 5:28 pm

Personally, I like Jewel’s new focused attention on customer service and satisfaction. I shop there all the time and I really appreciate everything they are doing. the changes are for us, the consumer. I can pop in and out quickly,faster than before. Hey if Jojo is helping me to show my daughter about healthy eating, than i’m all for it. she already know the joy of chocolate chip cookies 🙂 No need for negativity people, this is something positive for us the customer.