July to See Several Jewel-Osco Grand Re-Openings!

Nicky Copland

Jul 1st, 2016

RGO image

This month, we have four Jewel-Osco stores celebrating their grand re-opening! Locations in Round Lake, Grayslake, Crystal Lake and Fox Lake have undergone extensive remodeling to better suit your needs.

Your new Round Lake Jewel-Osco store will feature:

• expanded pharmacy

The Grand Re-Opening schedule is as follows:

• July 13, 8 a.m.: 900 E. Rollins Road, Round Lake, 60073
  • July 13, 10 a.m.: 885 E. Belvidere Road, Grayslake, 60030
  • July 21, 8 a.m.: 6140 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake 60014
  • July 28, 8 a.m.: 1350 South Route 12, Fox Lake, 60020

Jewel-Osco will recognize several charities at the Grand Re-Openings and present each with a donation. We hope you join us at your refreshed local store!

14 Responses to July to See Several Jewel-Osco Grand Re-Openings!

1. Merrie Jo White 19/05/2016 at 2:56 pm

I shop at the Westmont store at Ogden Ave and Cass Ave. Since the Starbucks has gone into this store, over a year ago, I have not been able to use my phone app for Starbucks purchases. Is this something your going to implement? If not why?
    On another note, I love how you employ special needs individuals. I know it gives them a sense of belonging, Way to go Jewel!

• Customer Support 19/05/2016 at 7:23 pm

We’re sorry for any disappointment this has caused, Merrie. Some licensed locations are not able to take rewards at this time. However, we will be sure to share your concerns with our Retail Operations Team for review. We certainly appreciate your kind remarks, and will share them with our Human Resources Department. Have a great day! -Rebecca

2. Gloria 07/06/2016 at 3:14 am

I shop at Irving park & Narragansett, which has been updated, nice updates except the cash registers, they took away the self checkouts, now you are to use the newer check-outs, which take longer and less jewel employees to check you out, if I’m only buying several items, I expect to be served timely, but now I have to wait in long lines, way to go jewels, I’m better off going to Walmart

3. Marlene Malzahn 08/07/2016 at 3:15 pm

Could I please get the phone numbers for the stores in Round Lake, IL and Grayslake, IL. I need a toll road transponder and want to the stores regarding this. I live in WI and don’t want to waste a trip to IL, so need to make sure they will have the item.

• Customer Support 08/07/2016 at 6:44 pm

Marlene, here is the information that you requested along with the addresses. 900 East Rollins Rd Round Lake, IL (847) 223-9201 and 885 E. Belvidere Rd Grayslake, IL (847) 543-8976. Have a great weekend! -Felicia

4. Andrea Witt 11/07/2016 at 8:08 pm

I shop at the Grayslake Store. It looks great! However, I would like to make a suggestion. When you enter the store at either door, it would be helpful to have a sign showing the new layout, as well as paper maps of the store showing where items have been placed so customers can take a copy with them. It is sort of frustrating when you’re on a time crunch and you have to go back and forth from aisle to aisle looking for an item and can’t find it because everything has been rearranged, even if it’s been moved from the back of the store to the front in the same aisle.

5. Mary Gert Baker 12/07/2016 at 3:19 pm

I have gone to the Round Lake Jewel since it opened many moons ago. I have to say I am a very proud mama of this new and improved Jewel! And thank you so much for the employment of the special needs community. Hope to be there at 8am. on Wednesday!! Congrats to you all!!

• Customer Support 12/07/2016 at 7:16 pm

Thank you for your kind words, Mary. We appreciate your loyalty and continued patronage. We hope to see you at the grand re-opening! Take care! -Julio

6. Ed Fuhrmann 13/07/2016 at 1:28 am

The Round Lake Beach store now has both a sidewalk and a bike path passing in front of it. Given that the community is up to a population of over 28,000 and we have a more-and-more residents using their bikes for chores and short trips… any chance we could get a bicycle rack installed?

Right now customers AND employees are chaining their bikes up to trees in the landscaping next to the building.

Thanks, and I’m already enjoying the improvements, especially those in the Deli section!

• Customer Support 13/07/2016 at 9:35 pm

Hi, Ed! Thanks for sharing these suggestions with us. We have forwarded your comments to our Retail Operations Department for further research and consideration. We look forward to improving your shopping experience. Glad to hear you are enjoying the changes at your local Jewel-Osco. Have a great day! -Julio

7. Aajinka 25/07/2016 at 11:53 pm

I shop in Fox lake, the old layout was great, now the signs don’t match and you can’t find anything in the store anymore. I don’t have time to read a map when I go grocery shopping
    Also you guys closed self check outs for some reason and made express checkouts – great idea but I would be helpful if you had more than one open
    Soooo disappointed with changes

• Customer Support 26/07/2016 at 6:10 pm

Aajinka, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the recent remodel of your local store. You also mentioned that more check stands need to be opened due to the self-checkouts have been removed. We have directed your concerns to the Store Director and our Retail Operations Department for review. Thank you for letting us know how we can better serve you as our customer. -Felicia

8. Charles Cain 31/10/2016 at 6:37 pm

I just found out that my local Woodstock Jewel is going to experience some so-called improvements, one of which is the replacement of self-checkout with express lines. I realize that the store can’t be responsible for the customer in front of me stopping the line because they can’t find the right change or can’t find their coupon, problems which are eliminated with self-check.

However, there are two problems that management does have control over. (1) The number of items. The first express lines I ever saw were 8 items or less. Then 10, 12 and now 15. Fifteen items isn’t an express order. (2) The age of the checker. An express checker must be 21 years old or the express line gets shut down ever time someone wants to buy some beer while we wait for the front end manager to show up and complete the sale.

• Customer Support 31/10/2016 at 8:20 pm

Charles, we value and appreciate your feedback about some changes at your Woodstock store. We will share this with our Store Director, as well as our Retail Operations Department so this can be reviewed further and improvements can continue to be made to the efficiency at checkout. -Rebecca