Don’t Miss out on These Exclusive Deals!

Drew Browen

Oct 8th, 2015

wod

What is it?
We love bringing you great deals and freebies! Which is why we came up with the Word of the Day. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to take advantage of exclusive deals that are just one word (sometimes two words) away!

How it works.
Each word of the day is communicated on our Facebook and Twitter page on random days of the week and all you have to do is say the word at the register to receive hot deals! See below for an example:

guac wodRestrictions apply.
Transactions including alcohol, tobacco and service items (gift cards and such) will not qualify for word of the day deals which include a purchasing amount (e.g. “free with purchase of $5 or more”). See store for additional information and details on word of the day deals!

20 Responses to Don’t Miss out on These Exclusive Deals!

1. JOHN JUBAN 20/01/2018 at 11:35 am

I don’t have a smart phone, can you email me the word of the day?

• Customer Support 20/01/2018 at 12:33 pm

Hi John. For the Word of the day, you may follow us on our official Facebook page using a desktop computer, a smartphone is not necessary. We hope this helps! -Lizet

2. n 21/01/2018 at 12:04 pm

Hey, not everyone is on FB, or twitter, why don’t you just have it on this site?

• Customer Support 21/01/2018 at 8:20 pm

Hello N. This is a social media promotion only. However, we will forward your recommendations to our Marketing Department for further review and consideration. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you! -Cynthia

3. Beth 13/02/2018 at 6:46 pm

I am on FB, and have liked the Jewel Osco page, but can’t for the life of me find where the WOTD is on your page! I see it on my phone on FB, but on my laptop, nope!
    When I get to your page, it’s not just listed there (like today was pancakes), so what is it under???

• Customer Support 13/02/2018 at 8:50 pm

Beth, you should be able to find our Word of the Day post under the “Post” section on our Facebook page. This link will take you to our current Word of the Day promotion: http://bit.ly/2Ckkfjc Thanks! -Cornelius

4. sharon shaffer 07/04/2018 at 10:34 am

what happened to the free coupons that were right there when you opened up web site and signed on not happy with this new sight had trouble signing in

• Customer Support 07/04/2018 at 7:37 pm

Sharon, we’re so sorry to hear about the trouble you had when you tried to sign in. In regards to the free offers, they should be under the section titled “Saturday Sampler.” Please know that we truly value your feedback about our new update and we will make sure your concerns are shared with the appropriate personnel for review. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us! -Cornelius

5. Nancy S 12/05/2018 at 11:06 am

Hi…
    I just found out about this yesterday while shopping, women discussing the freebie, lol..so of course I had to jump in and like Jewel on FB….is this at all Jewels? and is it a particular day the free item comes?..Been shopping for years, and just found out..thanks for the freebie crispy chicken

• Customer Support 12/05/2018 at 12:45 pm

Hi Nancy! Our Word of the Day promotion is indeed at all of our store locations. As far as which days, it completely at random, so please stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter to find out! Thank you!-Chris

6. Patricia Toyama 22/06/2018 at 5:17 pm

I have shopped jewel for over 50 +yrs,however I do not have the advantage of the “word of the day” because I do not use Twitter or Facebook. How about taking care of your LOYAL customers!

• Customer Support 22/06/2018 at 7:04 pm

Patricia, we really appreciate your feedback about our word of the day promotion. We’ll make sure your comments are shared with the appropriate personnel for review. Thank you so much for being a loyal shopper with us for over 50 years. -Cornelius

7. J.F. 09/10/2018 at 5:06 pm

I have shopped at Jewel for over 40 years and was disappointed to find out that you decided to stop emailing your customers about the Saturday morning sampler via MYMIXX. what a shame. I’m sure that other customers feel the same way. I am not on Facebook and do not care to be. I guess it really doesn’t pay to be a loyal customer.

• Customer Support 09/10/2018 at 5:40 pm

Thank you for reaching out to us, J.F. Your loyalty is truly appreciated! Our Saturday Sampler promotion has not been discontinued. Please stay tuned to your email for updates on when the next Saturday Sampler offers will be. We appreciate your feedback! -Jeremy

8. Barbara Cotsiopoulos 29/10/2018 at 2:22 pm

Don’t know how to sign up for Word of the day!

9. Amy DeRossi 04/12/2018 at 3:51 pm

I am a teacher, and my neighborhood Jewel is across the street from my school. Many of my students go to Jewel for candy, Starbucks, and errands. I teach Language Arts so I also have a Word of the Day in my classroom
    (a vocabulary word). Who do I contact in order to try to coordinate word of the days with my Jewel? I think that would be awesome. Thanks!

10. Al Holly 28/12/2018 at 4:35 pm

Called Jewel customer service on 12/28/18, 1:23 p.m. @ 877-932-7948 to inquire as to how I may be notified about the Word of the Day. I spoke with customer care specialist Cindy who took my phone number. I had to explain twice that this was not a part of the MYMIXX Saturday Sampler program. Cindy said she could help me and then put me on hold. Apparently the call was dropped and after holding for over 7 minutes I was transferred to another specialist named Tracy. After Tracy did some checking, all she could advise was to speak with the manager of the Jewel I shop at to find out how I can start getting notified of the Word of the Day program. Not satisfied with Tracy’s response I asked to speak to someone else. She declined to do so, again referring me to a store manager. Had I not accidentally found this website I was about to complain to the Better Business Bureau about the experience I was put through. I don’t appreciate not getting a call back from Cindy. She had to be aware that the call dropped and she did have my phone number. It makes me wonder if her lack of response was deliberate. I’m also very disappointed in the response from Tracy. I expect the people that take the phone calls at the customer service number to be knowledgeable about all the programs associated with Jewel. This might be a good time to have a corrective interview with these two ladies. I am giving you my email address and I will expect to see a reply from you there.

• Customer Support 28/12/2018 at 10:44 pm

Hi Al! We’re sorry about this happening when you contacted us. Please stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram Platforms for news and updates about Word of the Day promotions. We’ll have this addressed with proper personnel for correction. Let us know if you have any other questions! Thank you. -Cynthia