Red Carpet All Stars

Emily

Nov 4th, 2014

thumbnail

For 50 years, Jewel-Osco has been proud to bring our unique Red Carpet Service Program to our customers. The main goal of this program has always been to provide the best possible experience to our guests. With the Jewel-Osco Red Carpet Service, we will treat you like a VIP. All of our customers receive service with a smile, help with any special request, and complimentary grocery carry out. We could not accomplish this each and every day without our rock star employees.

Moira Red Carpet All Star

MOIRA RAKOWSKI

Store: Oak Forest
Hometown: Oak Forest
Favorite Food: Chinese
Fun Fact: Moira is a people pleaser.
Loves about Jewel: Moira loves our customers, and believes they are the most important asset we have.

Moira has been with Jewel for 26 years and has enjoyed every minute of it.

Deb Red Carpet All StarDEB MATHISON

Store: Chicago Ridge
Hometown: Chicago Ridge
Fun Fact: Martial Arts and HAPKIDO
Loves about Jewel: The people, along with the customers! Jewel feels like family and home to her.

Cheryl Red Carpet All Star

CHERYL NOVAK

Store: Palos Heights
Hometown: Palos Heights
Favorite Food: Pizza
Fun Fact: She’s a Spark Plug.  She is the Alcohol Ninja (she gets the 21’s quickly). She’s there before you even call Floor Coverage.
Loves about Jewel: Cheryl loves her customers and they love to see her if she’s checking, bagging or running around getting 21’s. She loves the fact that we work around her school schedule and that she has insurance.

Cheryl has been with the company since 1996. She always has a positive upbeat attitude. Always smiling and willing to go the extra mile.  If we are short of service clerks she’s the first say “Ill do carts and carry outs.” Customers wait in her line just to see Cheryl.

Camille Red Carpet All StarCAMILLE RILEY

Store:  Alsip
Hometown: Chicago
Favorite Food: Italian
Fun Fact: She loves to make everyone her friend.

Loves about Jewel: The customers.

She is 6th child of 13. She is a family favorite!

Rosetta Red Carpet All Star

ROSETTA COSTELLO

Store:  Lockport
Hometown: Lockport
Favorite Food: Chicken
Fun Fact: Rosetta loves big get-togethers with lots of activities and conversation!

Loves about Jewel: The customers!!!

Rosetta has worked at Jewel for 8 years.  She owns an afghan made of needlework pictures depicting pottery from a Jewel promotion 30 years ago. (Like the Rachel Ray dish promotion)

26 Responses to Red Carpet All Stars

1. Mary Rapaport 27/08/2014 at 11:14 pm

Go Stevie….You look amazing and I know you love your job. Congrats on this big anniversary! xoxo

2. Jaime Vermeulen 30/08/2014 at 7:00 am

Way to go Steven~ Congrats to you our friend~ Jaime & John

3. PENNY 04/09/2014 at 2:07 pm

Steve just saw this
    Amazing and Congrats
    as one Lucy Fan to Another. you will do amazing things… Good Luck in everything you do… Lucy is Smiling down on you my friend….. Keep Smiling ” Have A Ball”
    Love
    Penny

4. carol shadley 17/10/2014 at 12:17 pm

I have something to say abot your red carpet service. Who are you kidding! I have seen service go downhill, lines getting longer, rarely is there someone on the sales floor to assist you because they are being called out of there departments to check or bag. Baggers stand at the door to hand out surveys instead of doing their job at the front end so it takes longer to get out of the store,or their being taken away to walk around with bakery bread and flowers I certainly am not buying bread someone has been walking around with. Employees spirits are down because they are being streched to their limits. This is no complaint about the workers but about corporate. In my store a service desk person had to bag for checkers because the bagger had to hand out surveys. Phone rings and when service person finally got back to answer phone he met an irrate customer on the phone and complained that the phone wa answered fast enough so what does the manager Dustin do? Tells service person to answer on first ring….how are they supposed to do that when because of a skeleton crew they also have to check. Why didn’t the manager answer the phone? As a concerned customer,give these peoples the coverage to get the job done instead of lining your pockets. These people are treated horribly and customer complaints are up as well. Not a pleasant experience coming into your store anymore. Jewel 7342 W. Foster

• Customer Care 17/10/2014 at 2:25 pm

Good Morning Carol. We appreciate you bringing this staffing issue at your store on Foster and Harlem to our attention. It sounds like not only are there not enough associates on but the placement of the employees is causing a lot of strain on everybody. We will make sure to have this reviewed along with your comments about how the manager was handling the way the Service Desk associate answered the phone. Please let us know if you’d like to be contacted back about this. We hope you have a great upcoming weekend.

5. Denise Y 11/12/2014 at 3:00 am

I thought customer service was dead. Not so at the store at Roosevelt and Ashland in Chicago (Jewel-3344). I remember when I worked for Jewel all of 2 weeks as a teenager back in the 60’s. Our store had the meanest service manager ever. I want to take the time to say that Virginia at 3344 is a breath of fresh air– a real keeper. Not cranky even late in the evening when a customer wants to “think out of the box” with a sale item. Virginia is direct but helpful–and yes, the customer (me) was right. Virginia smiles whenever I come to the store and tool around in the electric cart. Its almost as though she sees me coming and shakes her head and smiles. If only more store personnel were so welcoming; if only more store personnel realized that customer service is an art and not a dead language. Thank you, Virginia. I will keep on shopping at your store as long as you are around.

• Customer Care 11/12/2014 at 7:58 am

Thank you, Denise, for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will make certain that your comments are forwarded to the Store Director. Have a great day!

6. Sl Merlak 03/02/2015 at 2:47 pm

I wish to thank West Dundee, Il. employee Garrett Thiede for his pleasant customer service rapport. I have watched his work ethic carry him up from bagger to produce and cashier and still, there are times I have seen him working adamantly to empty the trash bins. Needless to say, when something has to get done you can depend on him.
    He greets you when you walk in the store with a fine welcome and extended hand and then, never relents to offer help with your groceries to the car. This is the kind of service that keeps a customer coming back!

7. Jamie carven 02/06/2015 at 7:39 pm

I just wanted to tell you that I always shop at the catonfarm Jewel on route 59 and I love all the bakeshop girls who work there especially Mary,rose,and the bakeshop manger Kathy they always go out of there way for me when I need something like bread or any cake and I wanted to tell you that I appreciate it very. Much they make my day. I also wanted to tell you that there is a bagger who is very tall and skinny and I think his name is Ed and he is very friendly and always help me bring my groceries to the car and he always says have a nice day mam with a smile on his face .i hope the general manger or an assistant manger can tell them what a great job they are doing to help their customers all the time and especially me when I shop there.i will always shop at your store because of those 4 people who always smile and make my day when I shop at this jewel

• Customer Care 02/06/2015 at 8:31 pm

Hi Jamie, thank you sending in your praise on the associates at your local store! I will forward your praise on to the Store Director so that they can have the opportunity to further acknowledge those associates.

8. gail 03/01/2016 at 9:01 pm

Needed beer as present for helpful neighbor.
    I do not drink alcoholic beverages so had no idea what would be an appropriate choice. Brian helped by showing me where the beers were and then discussing merits of various options, As if that were not enough, Brian even carried my purchase to the register and rung it up. Turned out that beer purchased was one of neighbor’s favorites! A winning effort.

• Customer Support 06/01/2016 at 10:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience with one of our associates, Gail. Could you please provide the location of the store you shopped at? We’d like to share your compliments. -Julio

9. ken 27/04/2016 at 2:30 am

Express lane is a big disappointment. Every time I have a small order I try to use the express lane. Again tonight I had two items but there were 6 people waiting for one checkout person. Another example of maddening understaffing and poor management. This store has been a disaster ever since self checkout was removed. Mariano provides quick check out. I guess I will need to go there in the future after 40 years of patronizing Jewel.

• Customer Support 27/04/2016 at 8:46 pm

We’re sorry for this experience, Ken, and we’d like to address it with our Store Director. Please let us know where you shopped. Thanks! -Rebecca, Customer Support

10. SHARON YACTOR 25/08/2016 at 6:08 pm

My name is Sharon
    I was @ Jewel Aug. 20th 2016 Irving & Narriganset Chgo. I was shopping all of a sudden, I broke down crying…I could not compose myself. From grief/trauma going on in my life. I started praying to God to please help me….there are no coincedenses (can’t spell) This awesome young lady Krstie, walked w/me to help me finish getting my groceries items. I CANNOT PRAISE KRSTIE ENOUGH. SHE WAS SO KIND AND COMPASSIONATE. I AM SO GRATEFUL TO KRSTIE! I DO REALIZE THIS IS A GIFT SHE HAS, BEING A PEOPLE PERSON. You know…we just don’t know what people are going through in life…
    WHAT A WONDERFUL EMPLOYEE/HUMAN BEING KRSTIE IS ON THIS PLANET WE LIVE!
    God bless you Krstie
    Sharon

• Customer Support 26/08/2016 at 6:33 pm

We are grateful to hear that our associate could be there you, in time of need, Sharon! We have delivered your kind words to our Store Director, so that she receives praise. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Have an amazing weekend! -Aaron

11. Rose Marr 12/12/2016 at 10:41 pm

I wish to compliment Lupe H. at the Chicago Jewel store on Canal Street. She is so pleasant and goes out of her way to make my shopping more pleasant. She is on top of everything.

• Customer Support 13/12/2016 at 8:54 pm

Rose, thank you for complimenting our associate Lupe, at your local store. We have directed your compliment to the Store Director to let them know what a good job Lupe is doing. Have a good day! -Felicia

12. Jim Breen 08/01/2017 at 11:27 pm

Just want to compliment Nancy # 138
    for her great service and so nice!
    Thanks
    Jim Breen

• Customer Support 10/01/2017 at 5:30 pm

Hello Jim, thank you so much for these kind words! We have directed your compliment to the Store Director to ensure our Associate receives kudos. Enjoy your week! -Aaron

13. Rafael Aguilar 13/07/2017 at 11:20 am

wanted to compliment Michelle 184 osco at the streamwood jewels for her work and help.an to all the employees that work there.

• Customer Support 13/07/2017 at 8:21 pm

Rafael, your compliments are kindly appreciated. We’ve relayed your kudos to the Store Director to be shared with the staff. Have a lovely day! -Julio

14. Judy Petrosky 26/07/2017 at 1:30 pm

I would like to thank 2 individuals from the Wheaton store #2031. Cindy from the floral department went above and beyond to make a corsage for my daughter’s wedding shower. I can’t tell you how many compliments she got on her corsage!! It was BEAUTIFUL!! I didn’t want to go with just a regular cake, so Cathy from the bakery department was able to make cupcakes look like a wedding dress. It was perfect and I didn’t have to worry about cutting a cake!! Thanks to Cindy and Cathy for making the shower even more beautiful!!

• Customer Support 27/07/2017 at 5:03 pm

Thank you for your extremely kind words, Judy. We are happy to hear our associates were able to pull this off for your daughter. Your kudos will certainly be passed along. Have a wonderful day! Congratulations to the bride to be! -Julio

15. Christine Brindle 23/08/2017 at 4:47 pm

I wanted to comment on the people that work at the Pharmacy at Store #3455 in Chicago. Renee Stephenson went above and beyond the call of duty in helping me with getting a discount on my meds. The savings we really huge for me and I can’t thank her enough! It is great to see such customer service in action. Also, Dimple has been a help to me answering questions and always being kind . She always makes time to chat with me, when I know the pharmacists and techs are vey busy filling scripts. I just wanted to shine a light on these fine folks. My experience at the Osco pharmacy has been outstanding . Thanks again!

• Customer Support 27/08/2017 at 9:00 pm

We appreciate you sharing these kind words with us, Christine! We will be certain to share your wonderful feedback with the Store Director. Thank you! -Jayme