Job Fairs for 5 New Store Locations!

Allison

Apr 28th, 2014

Thinking of a new career?  Think Jewel-Osco!  Jewel-Osco offers a variety of advancement opportunities, and now is your chance to join our team! We’ve hired hundreds of former Dominick’s team members over the last several months, and Jewel-Osco has opened many doors in their careers!  Hear it from them….

• John M., Store Director: “I’m so greatly appreciative for what Jewel-Osco has done for me. Looking forward to a very bright future as we strengthen our leadership position in the Chicagoland market.”
  • Bob D., Store Director: “I can’t believe how welcoming all the team members have been with all of the Dominick’s team members joining forces. I would like to thank all of the Training Store Directors for their teaching, training, knowledge and willingness to assist in my growth.”
  • Phil P., Assistant Grocery Manager: “It has been so cool combining the things I learned at Dominick’s with the things Jewel-Osco has been doing. It is really neat to see it all come together.”
  • Tracey W., Front End Manager: “I can’t believe how welcoming and willing all have been to share their knowledge and help in my development.”
  • Tammy S., Retail Operations Project Manager:  “What an exciting and amazing journey we have begun. I cannot thank the Jewel-Osco team enough for their true leadership and class in welcoming so many of us on “Our New Team.” TRUE BUSINESS LEADERS!”

We will be opening our five new locations mid-summer, and we’re looking to build our team! Check out the job fairs at the dates and locations below… we can’t wait to meet you!

Store 2506; 424 W Division St. (Old Town) Chicago 60610

Store 2504; 3243 W 115th St Merrionette Park 60803

• 4/29  – 9am-5pm
  • 4/30 – 9am-5pm
  • 5/1 – 12pm-8pm
  • 5/3 – 12p-5p
  • 5/6 – 9am-5pm

110 Responses to Job Fairs for 5 New Store Locations!

1. cassidi 28/04/2014 at 10:34 pm

I want to apply.

2. Ms.J 29/04/2014 at 4:43 am

So Would We Be Hired At The Job Fair Or We Have To Apply Online ?

• Customer Care 29/04/2014 at 8:00 am

Hi there, Ms. J. You are more than welcome to fill out a job application online by visiting http://www.jewelosco.com. Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!

• Customer Care 29/04/2014 at 3:03 pm

We also wanted to let you know the benefit of bringing your resume to the store at the time of the Job Fair, Ms.J. In some locations they will actually be conducting on the spot interviews, which could definitely get applicants on the fast track to a position. We hope this helps. Thanks for being a Jewel-Osco fan!

3. Wendi 29/04/2014 at 8:42 am

Same question as ,ms j will they be actually hiring on the spot at the job fair? and do u have to do a job application prior or can u wait till u get they’re ? lastly if these locations aren’t open, yet exactly what buildings are the fairs being held at?

• Customer Care 29/04/2014 at 3:04 pm

Good question, Wendi. You do not have to apply prior to attending the job fair, as they will be accepting resumes in person. Management will not be hiring on the spot, but in some locations they may be having on the spot interviews. As for your question on the locations of the job fairs, they will be at the addresses (in red) and times listed above. We hope this answers your questions, if not, please let us know.

4. Caritha 29/04/2014 at 2:32 pm

So excited to share this opportunity on my job blog!!!

5. Sue 29/04/2014 at 11:30 pm

When will Jewel open it’s doors for shopping at the Fox River Grove store? Anxious customer here!

• Customer Care 30/04/2014 at 12:40 am

We are looking forward to opening the store, Sue! At this time, however, we do not have a date to provide. Be on the look out for future announcements.

6. linda 30/04/2014 at 12:35 am

where application located at online I can’t fine it. and I really want a job

• Customer Care 30/04/2014 at 3:22 am

Hey there, Linda. To fill out an application online, check out http://www.jewelosco.com. Once on the site you’ll want to scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on careers. You may also stop by one of your local stores to fill out an application. Have a good night!

7. Keiyeahra Williams 30/04/2014 at 3:28 pm

Hello how you doing I recently went to the location in Merrionette park and filled out a application and went through the pre interview process , along with filling out other paper work . When should I get a call letting me know if I was selected for further processing. I also brought my resume in which they didn’t really look at. What are my chances of getting hired?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 6:32 pm

Great question, Keiyeahra! If you are selected for further processing, it will be later in the month. It’s hard to say at this point what the chances are, since we have five Job Fair dates for this location, but it wouldn’t hurt to follow up with our Division Office sometime within the next week. Thank you for your interest and we wish you the best!

8. Nancy DAmico 30/04/2014 at 8:57 pm

I wish you would open some up in Delavan Wisconsin or Lake Geneva Wisconsin we can us some jobs up here really bad please help us or me thank you.
    Nancy D’Amico
    p.s. I can really us a job like today.

9. angel 30/04/2014 at 9:21 pm

would they be hiring for part times because im still in school? and what if we dont have any prior work experiences?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 3:56 am

Great questions, Angel. Be sure to stop into any of the locations listed, and speak with a member of the management team today. Have a good night, and good luck!

10. Alison Flowers 30/04/2014 at 9:24 pm

All already completed the online application week ago to other location… Do I have reapply for the location that is now hiring?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 4:06 am

Hello, Alison. You are more than welcome to fill out an application at another location you’re interested in. Have a good night!

11. Jonathan 30/04/2014 at 10:57 pm

Are teenagers (younger than 18) eligible to apply? If so, what if they have no prior work experience?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 4:08 am

Good Evening, Jonathan. In most locations, you must be at least sixteen (16) years old. Hope this helps!

12. Jack 30/04/2014 at 11:20 pm

I was wondering if there is a need for forklift operators in any of the stores. I am most interested in the stores opening in Lake Zurich or Fox River Grove. Thank you.

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 4:12 am

Great questions, Jack. Be sure to stop by any of the locations, and fill out an application for the position you’re interested in. You may also speak with a member of the management staff. Have a good night!

13. Autumn 30/04/2014 at 11:32 pm

Wish there was a store in Peru, il. Any change that will ever happen again?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 4:16 am

Hello, Autumn. Jewel-Osco is always honored when customers invite us into their neighborhood. We’ll be sure to share your comments with our real estate team for their review. Have a good night!

14. Bria K.Wells 01/05/2014 at 12:04 am

I applied the first day at the Merrionette Park location, with resume how soon will I hear the status of my application?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 5:05 pm

Hey there, Bria. If you are selected for further processing, it will be later in the month. It’s hard to say at this point what that may be, since we have five Job Fair dates for this location, but it wouldn’t hurt to follow up with our Division Office sometime within the next week. We wish you luck, and hope you have a good day!

15. Min 01/05/2014 at 2:06 am

Hi there! I am so excited to hear this good news! As an unemployed grad student, I will be applying with the only grocery store that I’ve shopped at my entire adult life! Will Jewel be opening any stores in the western suburbs? Thank You!

16. karenbroughton 01/05/2014 at 2:28 am

I NEED THIS JOB…

17. Patricia Urich 01/05/2014 at 3:33 am

Are these the locations where stores will be opening? If not, where are the new stores located?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 4:25 am

Hey there, Patricia. These are the new locations that we will be opening soon. Hope to see you there!

18. Janice 01/05/2014 at 11:28 am

Can you tell me when you will be opening the old Dominic’s store here in Oswego? I would like to become part of the Jewel-Osco team.

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 12:07 pm

Hello, Janice. Our records show that we did not purchase that Dominic’s location. You can always go to http://www.jewelosco.com to search for your nearest Jewel-Osco location. Thanks for stopping by!

19. miah 01/05/2014 at 12:00 pm

When will the jewels on division officially open?

• Customer Care 04/05/2014 at 6:16 am

That is a great question, Miah. We do not have an official opening date yet. We will be sure to share as soon as this information is available! Thank you for stopping by.

20. Joanne 01/05/2014 at 6:56 pm

If a person doesn’t have a resume will this affect them

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 9:42 pm

Hello Joanne. Commonly, most employers like to have a record of your employment history. Good luck!

21. jorge bahena 01/05/2014 at 7:00 pm

if i apply online can i submit my resume there rather than taking it to the job fair? and if not is there anywhere i can email it to?

• Customer Care 01/05/2014 at 9:38 pm

Hello there, Jorge. The best way to apply at Jewel-Osco would be to follow all of the steps online or to inquire at the Job Fairs mentioned in the blog post; there is no separate email address. Good luck!

22. Karen 01/05/2014 at 11:06 pm

What is your starting wage for cashiers?

• Customer Care 02/05/2014 at 3:04 pm

Good morning, Karen. The starting wages can vary from store to store, so you would need to contact your local store that you’re applying for.

23. Kimmy 02/05/2014 at 12:00 am

Are the positions for front end only or will there be management, clerical and payroll positions available at the job fairs?

• Customer Care 02/05/2014 at 3:08 pm

There are many opportunities available, Kimmy. Come on down and check it out!

24. lynda f 02/05/2014 at 4:14 pm

hi I’m very excited about the job fair! I have been out of work for over a year and it is very hard for a single mom to get work. I going to the fair and I pray this time I get the job . thanks!

25. Tammy 02/05/2014 at 10:22 pm

Is it Business Casual for the Job Fair? I would hate to show up under dressed. Thank you.

• Customer Care 02/05/2014 at 11:03 pm

Good luck with the Job Fair, Tammy. Our suggestion would be to show up as if you were showing up for an interview. Please enjoy your weekend!

26. Mabel Williams 03/05/2014 at 1:56 pm

I would like to know if where you apply is location you would working at?

• Customer Care 03/05/2014 at 8:52 pm

Great question, Mabel! If your application is not considered at the store you applied at, it will go into what is called the “application pool” after seven days. Neighboring stores have the opportunity to go through the pool to fill needed positions. Thanks for asking!

27. mark Patterson 03/05/2014 at 3:51 pm

I put in an application at the rogers park location.The interviewer was very candid and informittive about the Jewel family and hiring process. I hope the administration believes in second chances and allowing employment to returning citizens. God Bless!

28. mrs ramnani 04/05/2014 at 2:46 pm

are you hiring for pharmacist positions at Old Town location

• Customer Care 05/05/2014 at 4:12 am

Great question, Mrs. Ramnani. We’d recommend stopping by the Old Town location, and speaking with a member of the management team for more info. Have a great night!

29. Romeka 05/05/2014 at 4:54 pm

Hi, Quick Question do this location have a number i can reach? because i was giving a job in two dept but no contact yet

30. Jorge 06/05/2014 at 2:44 am

i have question on the job fair will be a
    interview too when you are applying and i want to know because i want to apply for the Lake Zurich Location

• Customer Care 06/05/2014 at 9:31 am

Hey there, Jorge. Management will not be hiring on the spot, but in some locations they may be having on the spot interviews. Please check with your local store for more information. Good luck!

31. Imanie 06/05/2014 at 4:54 pm

If I applied online should I still attend a job fair?

• Customer Care 06/05/2014 at 5:48 pm

Good morning, Imanie. Attending the job fair is completely optional, however we do recommend that you come down and see the many opportunities that we have as a company both for entry level and advancing.

32. michael trostel 06/05/2014 at 9:55 pm

I want to apply but i could not attend the job fair for the merionette park location. I also cant figure out how to apply for that store

33. Kayla 07/05/2014 at 7:26 pm

I’ve recently attended the job fair on 5/3 in Merionette Park location. I filled out a application and turned in a resume. When will I hear back from them .

• Customer Care 07/05/2014 at 7:46 pm

Great question, Kayla! If you are selected for further processing, you will hear from us later in the month. It wouldn’t hurt to follow up with our Division Office sometime within the next week. We wish you luck, and hope you have a good day!

34. Jasmine Morgan 08/05/2014 at 12:40 am

Hello,
    My name is Jasmine Morgan who currently away at school finishing up my first year of college. I am interested in working for your team, but will not be home until 05/15/2014. If apply online how can I get interview for your Chicago location.

35. Bianca Malone 10/05/2014 at 3:09 pm

Hi!My name is Bianca Malone I’m very much interested in working with your company although. I never worked for jewels before but I have experience in customer service and working the register. I have reliable trasportaion and I very well mannered please get back to me.

Thank You!

• Customer Care 11/05/2014 at 2:47 pm

Thank you for showing interest in our company, Bianca. To apply for a position you can either go in to the store and use their in-store Kiosk or you can visit the Jewel-Osco website at http://www.jewelosco.com. If you have any further questions let us know!

36. Malinda Sims 10/05/2014 at 8:14 pm

Can I applied for these positions on line?

37. Dominique 15/05/2014 at 3:43 pm

I attended the Job Fair at the Old Town location April 29th,2014 I have not heard back from the yet I would like to know if thee is a way I could follow up im really interested in this job ?

• Customer Care 15/05/2014 at 4:29 pm

The best way to follow up, Dominique, would be to contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-932-7948 and you will be put in touch with the appropriate people. Thank you for your interest and have a great day.

38. Michelle C. Burke 22/05/2014 at 9:52 pm

Do you have a date for opening the store in Merrionette Park? I believe it is 2504.

• Customer Care 23/05/2014 at 10:37 am

Hello, Michelle. The Merrionett Park location is scheduled to open this summer. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

39. dabita okoye 23/05/2014 at 7:34 pm

hey,
    is jewel osco still hiring and if so whats the chance me getting hired as a seasonal worker.

40. Alexis Stankewitz 30/05/2014 at 8:34 pm

Hello, my name is Alexis Stankewitz and I was wondering when/if I will be let know if I was considered for a job? I went to the job fair at your Merrionette Park location on May 3rd, 2014 and I have yet to hear from someone if I got a job or not. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

• Customer Care 31/05/2014 at 6:50 am

Hello, Alexis. We can get you in touch with our HR department to check the status of your application for the stores that were part of the job fair. Can you email us at JewelOscoHelpers@supervalu.com with your contact phone number? We look forward to hearing from you soon.

41. hilary 03/06/2014 at 11:03 pm

hi! when will the merrionette park location open? thanks!

• Customer Care 04/06/2014 at 8:00 am

Great news, Hilary! The Merrionette Park location is anticipated to open this summer. Hope to see you there!

42. Michelle 16/06/2014 at 7:57 pm

When is the Jewel at 1763 W. Howard St, Chicago, IL opening? Thanks

• Customer Care 16/06/2014 at 9:35 pm

We do not have a firm date yet, Michelle, but we are anticipating that this store will be open mid-summer. Thank you for asking!

43. Afsaneh 28/06/2014 at 11:55 pm

About 2 month ago after filling a paper application in the 1763 Howard store, I tried to fill an application online ,but mistakenly I chose pharmacy instead of salad bar. So l tried to change it but it was not possible , I can’t fill a new application either because the site doesn’t allow me to. I need the job and I will be really thankful if you can help me.

• Customer Care 29/06/2014 at 4:09 am

Sorry to hear that you’re not able to change the position you had originally applied for, Afsaneh. We’d recommend following up with the store in which you applied at 1763 Howard. If you are need of further assistance, be sure to let us know. Thank you.

44. Erwin Westmoreland 14/08/2014 at 5:05 pm

Dear sirs ,I have applied for positions at the jewel Osco stores in Chicago ill on numerous occasions but unfortunately I have not heard anything further. I truly want to work and need to work, is there any one that I can contact that possibly will be able to help me gain employment, if so please have them call me or e-mail at the address above. I have a good work background. thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon . respectfully yours Erwin westmoreland

• Customer Care 14/08/2014 at 7:31 pm

Thank you for your interest in working for Jewel-Osco, Erwin. We’d recommend for you to follow up with the stores at which you applied. They would be able to provide you more information about the status of your application. We wish you the best.

45. lisette turner 29/05/2015 at 11:48 pm

Hello i attended a job fair for jewel osco today and its also another job fair tomorrow from 12-5pm at 87 w 87th street. My interviewer was john he was very nice and pleasant. Im pleased to have this opportunity in meeting a few store directors &front end assistants and i really hope and pray that i get the job. I was told that once they are finished with the interviews that everyone should hear something back in a week or two…letting you know if you were suitable for the positions in which they are hiring for. I left john a copy of my resume and he attached it to my application so now im just going to leave this in gods hands and hope for the best outcome. Also i would like to know how would i update my phone number with the store director or HR. Manager i meant to add an alternate phone number on my application but i forgot because i was so excited just knowing that i had the opportunity to be interviewed. I wish everyone luck enjoy.

46. homegym 27/07/2015 at 6:53 pm

I do not know if it’s just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your
    site. It appears like some of the written text
    within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody
    else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too?
    This might be a problem with my internet browser
    because I’ve had this haappen before. Cheers

• Customer Care 27/07/2015 at 11:33 pm

Hi, Honeygym, there does not seem to be any problems on our site on our end. We suggest clearing your cookies and temporary internet files. You could also try using a different browser. Hope that helps!

47. MARY 25/09/2015 at 4:20 pm

MY NAME IS MARY COLEMAN AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU ARE HIRING FOR A STOCKER I,M A VERY HARD WORKER FAST ON MY FEET I DID WORK FOR A STORE FOR 14 YEARS NEED A CHANGE

48. Quintin Britton 13/10/2015 at 11:47 pm

i want to apply

• Customer Care 14/10/2015 at 8:41 am

Hey there, Quintin. To apply for a job at your local Jewel Osco, be sure to hear on over to http://www.jewelosco.com. Once there scroll to the bottom, and click on careers. Hope this helps!

49. Melvin Gray 21/05/2016 at 3:41 am

Contact me when Jewel Osco has another wave of employment opportunity.

50. NEAL MEYERS 22/05/2016 at 7:56 pm

I would like to be transfer to another store it’s clear that both managers meaning the store and front mgrs. don’t like me because I have a lot of experience in Jewel Osco the way I see fit if these two men don’t want me there then it is there job to find me another store to go to like the Jewel on Arlington Hts. road and Golf or there is another store in Arlington Hts. right off on Northwest Hwy near the train station in downtown Arlington Hts.

• Customer Support 23/05/2016 at 8:47 pm

Neal, we suggest contact the Human Resources Representative for your store regarding your concerns, as they may further assist you. Thank you for your time. -Julio

51. Simon 10/10/2016 at 1:13 am

I saw a partime Hiring poster post in Jewel store. when I open your website doesn’t see any position open for that store. I am talking about Highland Park , Illinois

• Customer Support 12/10/2016 at 12:47 am

Hi, Simon. There are still positions available. Please be sure to select Highland Park under the list of cities after selecting the state. Hope this helps! -Julio

52. Sundra Terrell 12/10/2016 at 11:57 pm

My twins are trying to get a job at jewel osco in Ashland and Roosevelt Chicago 60607 they just turn 16 and we directly across the street . Easy and quick way to get to work .

53. Aaron Gutierrez 14/11/2016 at 6:28 pm

I’m looking for work during the winter months Class A CDL Operator

• Customer Support 14/11/2016 at 8:23 pm

Hi Aaron! Thanks for your interest! Please visit us online at http://www.jewelosco.com and hover over “Our Company.” From here you can click on Careers to view open positions and submit your resume. -Rebecca

54. Reggie 21/06/2017 at 10:57 am

Hello, any available hiring open in chicago area?

• Customer Support 21/06/2017 at 6:10 pm

Reggie, Thank you for asking. To apply for a job at your local Jewel Osco, be sure to hear on over to http://www.jewelosco.com. Once there scroll to the bottom, and click on careers. Hope this helps! -Dolores

55. vanessa 26/10/2017 at 10:53 am

hi nice meet to y this is vanessa want need job stocker when know let u

56. George barbosa 23/02/2018 at 5:19 pm

If theres a open position for the store located on des plaines pls email me, im available to work thank you.

57. Jackie 12/06/2018 at 2:34 pm

Are they Hiring at Jewels right now? In need of a job right away. I’m open to anything.

58. Abraham 16/08/2018 at 8:23 pm

hi how can i apply for bagger position

59. Gysarie 21/11/2018 at 4:14 pm

Hey there. How can i appy for a cashier position